Come and experience the richness of Tanzanian culture through activities such as traditional dance workshops, lectures and home visits with various tribes. Get a true taste of the tradition that runs deep in this country, reflected through art and prevalent in everyday aspects of life from the Ngorongoro Highlands to the Spice Island of Zanzibar.
This program takes students from the cool foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro to the hot and stunning Great Rift Valley that the Nomadic Maasai people call home. Students get to walk the streets of Bagamoyo, dance with its people and see the tower where David Livingstone’s body rested for a night before being shipped back home. Outdoor camping, tented camps or comfortable lodges – all these are available to participants and choice is dependent on the type of experience desired and the budgets at hand. There certainly is something for everyone!
- Interaction with the Maasai tribe and learning about their nomadic traditions and culture
- Traditional African dances and drumming in Bagamoyo
- Zanzibar spice market and Stone Town tours
- Safari in the famous Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti or some of the other stunning National Parks in the area
- Lecture and tour on African art and culture at the Cultural Heritage Centre
Minimum of 7 days and maximum of 14 days
- Mto wa Mbu Tinga Tinga Market
- Coastal dance and carving workshop in Bagamoyo
- Visit historical slave markets and ruins in Zanzibar
- Spice market tour in Stone Town
- Via Via Cultural Café
- African Dance Workshop with Dance Team Africa
- Mt. Meru Waterfall Hike with local lunch
- Maasai Warrior dance and Boma visit
- Cultural Heritage Centre and art exhibition
Customize Your Program
Thank you for your interest in developing a School Group Program with Edutours Africa. We pride ourselves in our ability to customize a program that will meet your requirements, exceed your expectations and make your vision come to life.
Mt. Kilimanjaro Day Hike
Known as the “Roof of Africa,” Mt. Kilimanjaro is the highest point on the African continent, standing at 5896 meters. What make it all the more impressive are its three snowy peaks, topped with glaciers that often protrude above the clouds. Immersed in local myth and culture, and with breathtaking views, few mountains can claim the grandeur of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Ngorongoro Crater Game Drive
The Ngorongoro Crater, a caldera of an ancient volcanic explosion, teems with wildlife in all shapes and sizes. It has some of the densest populations of the “Big Five” on the planet, and is renowned for its lush and captivating scenery. As a World Heritage Site, it is one of the most appealing game drive locations in Africa.